Wednesday, December 8, 2010

My Best Friend's Birthday

If I were to plan my best friend's birthday party I would do anything to make her birthday unforgettable and very fun! First,  I would pick the date of the party. Although having a party on her exact birthday may seem ideal, sometimes my schedule or her schedule just won't allow that and I'll have to make it sometime before or after her real birthday. Second, I need to choose who she want's at her party. Now for the best part: planning the party! But first and foremost, I'll have to send out invitations to the guests. Next, I will have to decide on the entertainment and since I know she loves Mexican band music and all of her friends and family members love it as well, I will provide live entertainment from a Band. Next, I have to decide what food I would like to serve. I have decided to have a Mexican buffet so that everyone can sample a little bit of everything. Some foods that I want to be sure to include are chicken fajitas, warm flour tortillas, chili con queso, tortilla soup, Mexican rice, black bean and corn salsa, and margaritas. I would decorate each table with colorful fiesta theme paper goods and tie the napkins with raffia dyed red or green. Add a glowing margarita glass to each place setting or set them up at the buffet! Also as each guest enters the party, take his/her picture with a giant sombrero on their head with a personalized Fiesta camera. I would also place small vases in a variety of colors to make wonderful centerpieces when they're filled with fiesta flowers. Wrap the napkins in colorful chili pepper bracelets for a wonderful table accent. This would definitely be a party that my best friend would remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment