Sunday, December 5, 2010

Setting As The World

The house for which I drew the floor plan of, is the house in which I grew up in and currently live in as well. During these past seventeen years of my life many memories have been made in my house. A place that plays an important part in my childhood memories and my current memories is the kitchen. since I can remember our kitchen has been used to cook most of the family food for the holidays, birthdays and family reunions. I remember that our kitchen smells wonderful, filling the air with marvelous aroma's. The whole family gathers in the kitchen to talk, joke around, and most importantly, to eat. Whether it is cold or hot the kitchen is always the place in which the parties end up in, because it is the main house of the whole family. When it is especially cold, the family goes into the kitchen because it is the warmest place in the whole house. Since it is cold, my mom always bakes cookies and bread and has a pot of hot chocolate or coffee on the stove and everyone finds their way into the kitchen. I always find myself in the kitchen during any social event because everyone is enjoying themselves, eating, drinking, talking, laughing, and joking around. I love how everyone always makes me laugh by what they have to say and the things that they say. To me the kitchen definitely represents a safety zone. I say this because the kitchen is always bright in color and in mood! The color of the kitchen is yellow and I always find my mom in their singing along with the songs from the radio. As soon as you set foot in the kitchen you feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment