Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Paris!

I have always wanted to visit Paris, France, one of the most popular short city break destinations with many famous sights to see, fashionable shops, chic cafes and gourmet restaurants to enjoy Paris is one of the leading cities for fashion design brands and perfumes. Since I do enjoy walking, walking is a good way to explore the city itself which is divided into districts, the metro system also makes it easy to get around. There are several boat trips from Seine River Cruises to Paris Canal Cruises taking you past many of the major tourist sights in Paris. I have always wanted to see inside Notre-Dame from which I can admire two magnificent rose windows. I would also like to see the Arc de Triomphe in the middle of place Charles de Gaulle it towers above the traffic. Down from the Arc de Triomphe is the famous Avenue des Champs – Élysées which is lined with cafes, fast food chains, cinemas, shopping malls! The Musée du Louvre, this impressive museum houses world famous works of art and many magnificent collections. I would love to see the painting of the Mona Lisa. The Eiffel Tower is a landmark of Paris and definitely another must see attraction for me. I have heard that after dusk at the start of every hour the lights twinkle from the structure, a spectacle well worth seeing. There are many places to eat where you can enjoy a variety of food as well as good regional French cuisine there are no shortages of restaurants, patisseries/ cafés, wine bars and beer cellars to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment