Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Preserving Family History

I have always been intrigued by family history, especially my family history. In order to try and preserve my family history I would ask my parents questions about their ancestors and take notes of what they say. Some of the questions that I may ask them would be concerning with traditions, holidays, races, languages, and family heirlooms? I would want to know everything! i know that my parents may not know everything concerning with their ancestors and that is why i would take it upon myself to ask my grandparents the same sort of questions. I would ask them, what were the traditions that they accustomed in their culture all year round such as holidays, birthdays, marriages, baptisms, confirmations, and any other special occassion? I would also ask them if they spoke any other language other than spanish and if they liked keeping in touch with their culture and if so why and what was their culture? Some other questions that I would ask would be, were all of your ancestors natives from Mexico? I would also like to know of folk tales and if they believed in them and told stories as well. I know that my grandparents and my parents would be proud of me trying to learn and indulge myself in my culture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment