Thursday, November 11, 2010

Change of Plans

I was accustomed to the fast life of America and  my coffee, without an exception. I had to change those plans once I traveled to Mexico during the summer. Before I got in the plane I drank about three cups of Starbucks coffee, because there was one more thing, it had to be Starbucks coffee and no other. When I arrived to the airport in Guadalajara, Jalisco and saw a Starbucks I was so happy and relieved. My parents wanted to leave immediately to our little town in Zacatecas, but I insisted otherwise and told them to let me get my coffee first and then that we can travel. I had to adjust in Zacatecas because their was no Starbucks near to where I was headed and had to conform to pot coffee that my grandmother made. I must admit that it was very difficult for me at first to adjust because I was highly addicted to Starbucks coffee, but later on I adjusted. I learned to drink regular coffee and not spend my money on Starbucks as much. I also learned to control how much I yearn for Starbucks coffee and control my addiction to it as well. This was by far the greatest summer because I didn't need Starbucks in order to have a good day everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment