Friday, November 19, 2010

Short-Short Story

Eighty years old, my grandfather still has a very young heart and spirit. My grandfather at his age, cannot stand sitting around and not doing anything, so he helps around the house with what he can. He even does yard work, becuase he doesn't like the house looking messy. He doesn't seem to have eighty years at all! He works all day, carries heavy things, and is very happy all of the time, when he is working. Did I mention that he is very light on his feet as well? He doesn't walk with a limp nor a slow pace and is very healthy. My grandfather is the kind of person that cannot stand working without any music and of course he would always sing along as well. He might look old from the outside, but from the inside he is still a young man that is happy to have his health and his family. At this point in my grandfather's life, he is proud to be eighty years old. To me at times he seems like a young spirit and rebel simply trying to find his  way. I say this merely because he always does what he wants and not what others tell him to do, unless it's to his convenience. He always likes to try new things, becuase he says that is the only way you can proceed and do better in life. I know that my grandfather will continue to have his young heart, spirit, and health for a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment