Thursday, November 11, 2010

Memoir

In the beginning of my freshman year, in an assembly in the MP room, to decide who the class president will be, I couldn’t help but judge a girl named Fehbe by the way she portrayed herself. I know that it is simply wrong to judge a book by its cover but in this case, it was completely impossible not to do so. Being that it was my freshman year I didn’t quite know a lot of people rather than the ones that went to my former middle school and those who had a class with me. When I saw her in that assembly running for class president I couldn’t help but laugh because she seemed very confident, quite cocky about herself and very spoiled. She especially seemed very bubbly and a total ditz. When later on I had a class with her and started to talk with her, I came to think otherwise. I learned that she was not a ditz and that in her words she was not cocky, simply self-confident. I also found out that she was smart and funny out of all the things that I thought about her, she was funny! To me that was simply amazing that she proved me wrong because she seemed to be the exact person who she portrayed. One thing that I did not get wrong though, was that she was spoiled but once again, she had an explanation for that as well. She told me that she was not spoiled because she deserved everything that she got and that she was an only child. 

No comments:

Post a Comment