Thursday, November 11, 2010

Personal Essay


                 It does not matter who you may be, where you come from or your ethnic background; there will be various moments in your life from which you will be disappointed. Although, you have to learn that out of those disappointments a valuable lesson will be instilled upon you. The one thing you should most definitely learn is to look at the positive outcome of each disappointment you may have, just as I have come to do. One specific disappointment that I remember and treasure the most occurred to me a couple of years ago. From that one experience I have learned to use the lesson, I gained from it throughout my short seventeen years of existence in this world. 
     A couple of years ago the lesson that I obtained from a disappointment was that patience is a virtue.  I learned this valuable lesson when I was at a shopping center in the store Macys. As I was in this store, I came across the most gorgeous pair of sandals that I must simply have! My mom told me to wait at least a week in order to buy them because most likely they will be on sale, but with my obsession with shoes, I could not wait. Therefore, I insisted and begged my mom to buy me the shoes in that moment and of course, it worked. I thought that shoes that gorgeous and captivating could not last another week, but I was completely wrong and naïve. When my mom and I went to the mall the next week, the shoes were still there and they were on sale! My mom told me “I told you so, but you never listen.” I felt so bad for making my mom spend all of that money on a pair of shoes. In that moment when I saw that the shoes were still there and on sale I learned that patience is a virtue.

No comments:

Post a Comment