Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Time I Was Brave

The one time in particular that I remember the most of when I was brave was when I was five years old. I remember that my family and I took a family vacation during the summer to Mexico. While we were their we stayed at my grandmothers' house, in the second floor. Every night, I slept in my aunts' room and she would always tell me stories, especially the one where an old women roamed the stairs at night in order to grab children during night time. she also mentioned that she especially appeared  when the childrens' parents left their children unattended. The very next night for my misfortune my parents went to a party and we were left with my aunt. When all of a sudden as my brother and I were alone in my parents' room on the second floor, we heard someone going up the stairs with heels. Then, I remembered that I had left my favorite and most precious doll that I couldn't sleep without out in the hallway. I decided that I had to go outside and grab her before the old lady took her from me forever. I opened the door slowly at first in order to verify if the old lady had reached the hallway and when I saw that she wasn't their I decided to run towards my doll Helen  and I snatched her from the hall. After I ran back to the room and slammed the door shut right behind me I heard someone laughing. I thought to myself "Why would that old lady laugh if she wanted to hurt me?" and that's when I decided to go back out into the hall and that's when I saw my aunt in her high heel shoes laughing on the stairs. That was when I realized that I was being silly for having believed my aunt and her crazy stories, all she wanted to do was to frighten my brother and myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment